Chain World is a game series in which a bunch of awesome people get together to play Dungeon World. Every other session, a new GM will take over and run a game, showcasing a multitude of GMing styles and techniques while still being just plain fun.
The actual game follows the exploits of the Owlbear Scourge, a company of adventurers known primarily for their skill in slaying owlbears, for better or worse. Their numbers include:
– Aliana the Bard, an elven harpist singing songs of great legends, and working on new ones about her own adventures. “She wants to be the Peter Parker of her world.” More than a bit of a heartbreaker, who’s unlikely to go to the same town twice. Most recently, she’s been trying to safely and responsibly get rid of the baby spider-kobold, Treasure, that Sha-Sheena stole. Although the little creature is starting to grow on her. And/or stick to her. Because, y’know, webs. Played by
– Andromeda the Star Mage, a glittering-haired blue-skinned alien accompanied by a ball of burning plasma. She’s here accidentally, and can’t leave, so she might as well enjoy the trip. Most recently, she died, and was given a ticket by Death to get off this plane of existence, or be thrown into “the pit of fire.” The Owlbear Scourge managed to circumvent that problem by presenting Death with a new partner, Andromeda’s ball of fire, Bernard, combined with the essence of Sha-Sheena the Barbarian. So that’ll go well. Played by
– Sha-Sheena the Barbarian, tall and powerful and covered in strange tattoos, with a helmet made from the skull of an animal never seen around here. She might want to conquer this entire region, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friends with her, right? Most recently, she’s been generally kicking ass and taking names, including having stolen a baby spider-kobold she named Treasure, and having defeated the royal guard of the Formian Queen. She also danced for Death, and won her desire and respect, and gave some piece of her own essence over to Death in exchange for Andromeda’s life. She’s a softie, Sha-Sheena is. Played by
– Aetheldreda de Graves the Paladin, with fiery eyes, serving the sun-god Basileides. Known as Graves to her comrades, she wants to help people, bringing them the word of her god, while stabbing people who’ve fallen into night. Really, she’s got your best interests at heart. Most recently, she’s been taking some nasty honking hits from any number of dangerous enemies, spider-kobolds and formians alike. And she went to Death’s realm, and met her god. Who told her she was doing pretty good! Played by
– Charfiend the Immolator, a salamander who has a thing for fire, and playing with fire, and lighting things on fire, and fire. Because it send them to a better place! It’s for the best. Most recently, Charfiend inadvertently caused the explosion that killed Andromeda. And he felt really, really bad about it. Played by
This time, the GM will be. Come and watch the Owlbear Scourge rock out!
If you missed the first session, you can find that here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDyRprR-Slg
If you missed our second session, you can find that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtDsSDXz2w
And if you missed the third session, you can find that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRRceEuo9Yw